"The Kingfisher is the Lindsay Lohan of the bird world." - OJG

This is totally not my photo. Do not be fooled. It is from the Rye Meads RSPB website.

Last Saturday the boyfriend and I visited the Rye House Bird Reserve. I've never been much of a bird watcher, myself, but I will admit it was kinda cool to see them interacting in their natural habitats. Some people get really into it....like REALLY into it. The reaction when a Kingfisher finally appeared by one of the hides was not unlike what you would expect of a crowd spotting a major celebrity - hushed exclamations of glee and pointing, accompanied by explosive photography. We didn't get many pictures, but we still had a good time.


This lil guy may not have wings, but he was getting just as much attention at the reserve.

And now a smattering of slightly out-of-focus phone photos from the past few weeks:

Rye House Gatehouse.

Starstruck.

Exploring the volunteer shed at the farm.

Enchiladas with home-made corn tortillas - be impressed.

Only two-and-a-half weeks until we are in the States!!!!!!  I feel like a kid waiting for Disney World.



Love and extreme excitement.

Comments

Popular Posts