Forward.

Thoughts from Gate 40 at DTW:

Currently sitting at the airport. In summary, one week home was not enough, but I know it's time to go. I will admit that there is a sizable part of me contemplating how bad it would actually be if I "missed" my flight. This is not the first time I have thought this. Last time I was headed toward Heathrow on a seemingly doomed Picadilly line train. But our president has had the right idea from the get go - though maybe I didn't really understand all of the implications of this during his most recent campaign. Forward. There's no point in looking back, because you can't go there. You can only take what you've learned and move on. Continue your journey. Actually find out what is around the corner, as opposed to wondering or worrying about it.

What I have been reminded of these last few days is this:

I have some truly wonderful people in my life. Beautiful, talented, driven people that have demonstrated endless amounts of strength and courage. People who are compassionate and loyal, and unbelievably patient with me at times. I am repeatedly surprised and inspired by them. I am equally thankful for their words of encouragement as for their straight-talking advice (which is sometimes so exactly what I need to hear that it is eerie). I cherish each and every one of them.

Thank you to all of you who made this week so wonderful. Whether we enjoyed a holiday together, met for a meal or a cup of coffee, or just shared a quick phone conversation, you were an integral part of what made my time in Michigan so fantastic. It is truly fitting that this should take place during Thanksgiving week, and since I never did get to share what I was thankful for at the dinner table, I am doing it now. I am grateful for you - all of you.



So here I am now, back in England. Pretty uncertain about most things, but open to all things. And ready for the rapidly approaching holiday season and new year - whatever it might bring.



Love and thanks.

Comments

Popular Posts