Pass the flapjack.


Somehow, for the last two-and-a-half years, I seem to have avoided traveling much farther north in England than Cambridge. Well, I did actually make it to Edinburgh in 2011, but as that's Scotland I feel that it doesn't really count. So, there was a lot riding on my first northern venture. Luckily I had excellent hosts and travel guides.


The most beautiful Victorian-style home. It belongs to the parents of a friend, but it may as well have been the most accommodating B&B of all time.


 The dinner table that was awaiting us on New Year's Eve.


Jaunt to Whitby!





Fish and chips anyone?




I don't know if it was the fresh, sea air or the fact that I had a hot water bottle pre-heating my bed every night that finally cured me of my various winter ailments, but I returned from this trip miraculously revived and restored. Cured of the winter blahs and ready for the new year and a new adventure.


Love.

Comments

Popular Posts