Ta ta for now.


The day has come. It's hard to believe, actually. I haven't had much time to really consider the enormity of it all, but this is probably for the best. Overthinking never leads to anything good.

The last two weeks have been such a blast - more like an endless party than a sad farewell. It's been wonderful, but it's also been slightly terrifying, as it has shown me just how much I am leaving behind.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have predicted that I would experience all that I have in the last three-and-a-half years. I am so grateful for all of the opportunities that I have had, all of the places I have visited, and of course, all of the amazing people I have met. Truly beautiful, wonderful, and inspirational people, all of you. Thank you for your kindness and friendship. Thank you for making me feel so welcome in the beginning, and for making it so hard to leave in the end.

Obviously this isn't goodbye forever. Certain events will soon ensure that I am tied to England....for life...and happily so. It would feel wrong to be, twenty years down the line, reminiscing about my time here and wishing I could return one day.

Nevertheless, it is a big move. A big change. And it would not do to pretend otherwise.

So goodbye, for now. Keep in touch. And I will see you all again, very soon. Probably much sooner than you'd like :)

Love.

Comments

Popular Posts