Loquacious, verbose, circuitous.

WARNING: This post consists of a mess of unintelligible words and absolutely NO PHOTOS! Like, literally zero photographs. Don't bother checking. They aren't there. I promise.


Over the past couple of days I have been confronted with the fact that when not restricted (either by self or other) I have a tendency to natter on. It is not my instinct to initiate long, or any conversation with new people and so I think I can sometimes come off as shy. However, when I am speaking (or writing) to someone that I am very comfortable with I have this strange ability to talk.

And not just to talk, but to ramble on and on and on, and oh, let me just backtrack a little so you can have more information, but let's not forget this really interesting tangent that, I swear, actually is relevant and super interesting, okay so back to the main point now...

I have also recently discovered that this is a familial trait. If you are part of my family, you can take from that what you will. I love you. I don't resent it. I'm just saying. You know who you are. Or maybe you don't.

This tendency to ramble is particularly apparent when I am trying to write an email that should be very simple, but turns into a twenty-page essay because there is just so much that I want to say.

Speaking of essays - I think this is exactly what my problem was during school, because I always had difficulty reigning it in enough to convey a concise point. Just ask my 11th grade English teacher.

And I even do it in my head. I can FEEL it happening. I am imagining a scenario or planning out something that I want to say and my mind keeps branching off into related subjects. Though, oddly, it always seems to be able to make it back to the original point.

Like, it is happening right now and I am having trouble finishing this post, because I am mostly just writing stream-of-consciousness and that is something that I am pretty sure is indecipherable to anyone else but me.

But back to the point :)

This is why I post my thoughts in a blog and not on more widespread social media. Because I would not subject anyone to this ridiculous writing style, who did not choose to read it in the first place. This is why I also sometimes post things that I do not then link to Facebook. Because it would actually make me a terrible human being to lure people into something this dysfunctional with a cute, little link and a picture of a cat. I am not that sadistic. And I know that a lot of you just look at the photos. Although if you have made it to this point, I guess that you are the exception. Congratulations. You are a survivor.

So, yeah, there is no good way to end this. Except to say that I will try harder. But, there's not much I can do about my thoughts. And that is the root of the problem.

So right. Sorry. What a mess.

Ugh.

Comments

Popular Posts