Just know this.



I have officially been trying to write this post for about ten days now.

I am finding it nearly impossible, and I am sorry to say that this is probably indicative of how the rest of the summer is going to go.

My first real attempt at typing it up was on the 18th – approximately five days after I had arrived at camp. My intention, at that point, was to briefly describe the insanity of my last 48 hours in Michigan, and then to summarize my time here, so far.

At this point, I don’t even know if it would be worth even trying to backtrack so much. 
At this point, the better choice, I think, is to keep it short and simple, or risk this post being yet another that never gets published.

Just know these few things:

1)   I have moved out of my most recent Detroit residence.
2)   My job with the elementary school has finished – at least for some, unspecified amount of time.
3)   All of my personal belongings are currently stored at my family home – boxed up in the event that they should sell the house and have to move.
4)   In the space of 14 hours I drove from Detroit to Flint, did laundry, made every attempt to get my life in order, packed my bags for the summer, napped briefly, and then drove back to Detroit to catch my flight to New England.


Also know this.

Since, arriving in Vermont I have had very little time off. We have been working non-stop to plan/run the staff orientation, as well as to prepare for the arrival of the campers. I am a little rusty, as I have been absent for three summers. I am unfamiliar with the majority of the staff, who all began working here during my absence, or are completely new. And many things have changed since I was last here, in 2010.

But know this - the moment that I set foot on this land, I knew, without a doubt, that I was home.

It’s good to be back.

Love.

Comments

Popular Posts