Unexpected undead.


On our way to meet friends for dinner and a show last Saturday, O and I took the train to King's Cross, the underground to Piccadilly Circus, and the steps up to the street and into this:


World Zombie Day 2014.

Despite the fact that we had a table reservation waiting for us, we couldn't help but stop for a while to marvel at the lengths some people were willing to go to look and play the part of the undead. I just had to get a closer look, so I made my way through the crowd as politely as possible and took as many pictures as I could. Most people were okay with it. Many of them were posed at the ready. One undead lady sniffed me and said, "You smell good, but it's okay, I'm on a diet."

Guess that's what I get for going up-close-and-personal.




I am sure that it is no coincidence that World Zombie Day is set so close to Halloween, but the unexpected and rather gory surprise was even more perfect as the show that we were on our way to see was Phantom of the Opera - which, if you don't know, is about a series of horrifying events that are attributed to an opera house ghost. The show isn't TOO scary, especially as the plot is so familiar to anyone has had any real experience with musical theater, but no matter how comfortable you are, you are still bound to jump out of your skin at the end of the first act if your seat just happens to be directly below the chandelier. 

Thanks to our friends for that lovely experience ;)



Baby zombie!!!!!



You never know what you'll find in the city.

Love.

Comments

Popular Posts