Superproductive Saturday.


Last weekend, in an attempt to break the exhausted and monotonous cycle that has characterized my free time as of late, I determined to have a Superproductive Saturday. Just one, non-work day that involved more than what has been my recent routine of sleep-wake-coffee-Netflix-sleep. I don't know about you, but I tend to find that the busier I am, the more I accomplish and the better I feel at the end of the day.

The day got off to a good start with a run, as evidenced by my tired-looking face and workout wear. I won't bore you by listing all of my proud accomplishments (hint, one of them involved a whole lotta laundry), but I will say that the day was a rousing success. 

I will also share the recipe for the cookies that I baked, which are fun and delicious and absolutely made my whole week.


Smitten Kitchen's Ugly-But-Good Cookies





Ingredients at the ready! Chocolate, sugar and toasted hazelnuts. 

The words "Mint Julep" were accidentally transferred onto the countertop by a cocktail label after a recent 20s themed birthday party at our house. We haven't made any huge efforts to scrub it off.



Ugly-but-good looking mixture.




Mmmmm. Mixey.

Another accomplishment. I also made an entire Snapchat story about baking these cookies.[I'm mandagr2 if you're a fan of the Snap] Maybe not that big of a deal except that this was only the second time that I have ever posted anything on Snapchat and the first time that I have posted multiple videos. 

Tangent. I have a love/hate relationship with Snapchat. I finally downloaded it a little over a year ago because I wanted in on the funny videos that my siblings were posting of each other. For a while I looked at it every day, then every few days, then barely at all, until I finally deleted it because I resented the space that it was taking up on my phone. I re-downloaded it recently, after a few hilarious face swapping experiences and I decided that there could be no better day to get the most out of my activity and to try something new than my Superproductive Saturday. The experience was definitely satisfying. I'm still not sure how I feel about Snapchat. I might just delete it again soon.





Crispy, chewy, chocolate-hazelnut meringue goodness.




Perfect with a cup of coffee.

Wish-of-the-week: May you find the motivation that increases your productivity, allows you to feel accomplished, and brings you back to the activities that make you feel alive :)


Love.





Comments

Popular Posts