Fathers and father figures.

Happy Father's Day to all of the fathers in my life. I happen to know a lot of good ones.

Today I am celebrating two in particular:



One who, sadly, left us this March. 

My Grandpa Joe was a shining example of a family man, whose guidance and protection reached far beyond our little Liwak unit. In his later years it became increasingly apparent how desperately he always wanted to be helping others. In the end his generosity touched more than he probably ever knew.



And one whose qualities I see in myself more and more every day. 

I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing, but what I do know is that despite the physical distance that has always been between us, my dad has never made me feel anything less than the most beloved. And there's not much more than a daughter can ask for really.

Happy Father's Day Daddy. You are, and always will be, one of my heroes.



Comments

Popular Posts