First trimester feels.

Week 25


That pretty much sums it up. 

The difference between the start of August and the start of September has been pretty noticeable, and if I had any doubts about that, it has been confirmed by a number of people who have informed me that the bump looks big for its age - including the nice nurse who was taking a blood sample earlier in the week. 

Good to know.

But thinking about where we are now has got me looking back at the first three months of this pregnancy. I wasn't ready to share very much at the time, but I knew that I would want to remember it, so I made a few notes to revisit later on.


Barely there bump.



Weird things that happened during my first trimester:

1) Regular 5:30am wakeup calls and an inability to sleep past 7:00 in the morning. Sure made the last days of the summer term feel loooong.

2) Constant hunger led to regular snacking and yet never, never enough energy.

3) A complete loss of spatial awareness - not that mine has ever been the best anyway, but I suddenly found myself turning corners too sharply and banging into door frames, not unlike what I used to do during childhood growth spurts.



I do count myself lucky, because aside from those strange experiences, my first trimester symptoms were incredibly mild compared with what a lot of women have to deal with. There are definitely some things about the second trimester that are making up for my relative comfort during the first, but I won't bore you all with those details (#TMI).

Honestly, so long as Baby G is happy and healthy, I can handle whatever discomfort comes my way.

For now...



- A -

Comments

Popular Posts